Brewery @ BASH, Level 3
79 Ayer Rajah Crescent
Taiwan Tech Night
Presented by TRIPLE and Partnered With SGInnovate
Networking with Hardware Experts from the Taiwan Rapid Innovation Prototyping League for Entrepreneurs (TRIPLE) League Members
A group of design companies, manufacturers from TRIPLE league members and TRIPLE partners are visiting Singapore on 14-18 May to connect with Singapore's tech hardware start-up ecosystem. TRIPLE will be holding a Taiwan Tech Night, a casual networking night for friends, partners, VCs, startups, government agencies, accelerators, incubators from TRIPLE's networks or guests who are interested to connect with TRIPLE and its Singapore delegation. We would like to meet with hardware innovators in Singapore and help you to engage with design and manufacturing ecosystem in Taiwan. Come and chat with us and explore more on the resources and potential cooperations.
Date: 17 May 2018
Time: 6:30pm - 9:00pm
Venue: BASH, #03-01, 79 Ayer Rajah Crescent, Singapore 139955
6.30pm - 7.00pm: Registration
7:00pm - 7.10pm: Welcome address
7.10pm - 7.20pm: Delegation introduction
7.20pm - 9.00pm: Demo & Networking (F&B will be available)
You’ll get to meet:
- Matchmaking platform with over 480 design companies and manufacturers in their network to help global start-ups to accelerate their hardware innovations.
TRIPLE League Members:
- Mighty Net. - With over 30-years experience and facilities both in Taiwan and China, our professional team offer all services from product development, design verification, pilot run, mass production, to global logistics, we deliver one-stop service with quality and confidence.
- Our major services include industrial design, mechanical engineering, graphic design, mock-up contract out. We also provide pilot run and production service, assistance and guidance in manufacturing of molds. www.excell-design.com
- We provides a total solution for electrical and firmware design, including schematic development & simulation, board layout design, firmware design & development, and end device test and integration.
SES RFID Solutions
- SES RFID Solutions GmbH was created in 2003 by the current CEO Martin Scattergood B.Eng. with a remit to develop, manufacture and implement advanced components of RFID technology. Today SES RFID is one of the world’s leading suppliers of RFID solutions holding several international patents for components and manufacturing processes.SES are market leaders in Thin And Flat, Energy Harvesting, LED Indicator, Woven Antenna and Smart Wearable RFID technology. www.sesrfid.com
- VentureFace - VentureFace is an ASEAN growth building company which helps new brands/startups form go-to-market strategy and build sales traction.
- Taiwan Tech Arena - It is a flagship program funded by MoST (Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan) to build a vibrant international tech startups ecosystem in Taiwan.
Taiwan Rapid Innovation Prototyping League for Entrepreneurs (TRIPLE) is a matchmaking platform to connect with Taiwan design and manufacturing ecosystem from prototyping, small volume to mass production. With over 480 members in TRIPLE league, we help tech. startups and innovators to accelerate their hardware innovation.
- Chen, Yung-Tsien, Director, Economic Division, Taipei Representative Office in Singapore
- Keira Wu, Assistant Director, Economic Division, Taipei Representative Office in Singapore
- Ellen Pi, PM, TRIPLE
- Marco Lu, PM, TRIPLE
- Ray Tai, CEO, Mighty Net
- Frank Chen, BD, Mighty Net
- Ray Hu, PM, Mighty Net
- Vincent Lo, PM, Mighty Net
- Jackie Li, Director, Excell Design
- Dan ,Senior Product manager & Co-Founder, TFD Co.
- Spencer, PM, TFD Co.
- Johnny Cheng, Sales Manager, SES RFID
- Peter Xie, Founder, VentureFace
- Julio Lin, BD, Taiwan Tech Arena
Made in Singapore: Health And Life Sciences Edition
Technology and innovation has great potential to be a great force in helping communities solve grand challenges in faster, more collaborative and data-driven ways. Join us in a panel discussion with innovators and entrepreneurs who are leaders in the area of health and life sciences. They will discuss the challenges they are solving - from drones to first responder vehicles to nurturing an ecosystem for engineers and computer scientists to build world-class tech companies from scratch.
Singapore Session: Collaboration for Innovation
In celebration of the France-Singapore Year of Innovation, a signature Singapore Session conference will be held in conjunction with VivaTech in Paris, to share Singapore's innovation story as an AI and deep tech hub in Asia, and to deepen collaboration and foster partnerships with entrepreneurs, researchers and academics, investors, corporates and governments between French and Singapore innovation ecosystems.
Made In Singapore: Aerospace Excellence
Lauded as the inaugural “Aerospace City of the Future” by fDi (the intelligence portfolio of The Financial Times), Singapore boasts one of Asia’s largest and most diverse eco-systems with over 130 aerospace players, and is well positioned to build research activities, maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, and aircraft manufacturing.
Health Futures: Data Security and Privacy
Data security is front and centre in the news every day. It is central to discussions on digital transformation of healthcare and the use of our most sensitive data: our health data. Panellists will discuss how technology systems are being used to protect patient data; how health data is accessed and used by payers, providers, and patients; and how regulations can enable or inhibit secure health data storage and sharing in Southeast Asia.
Call for collaboration – Connect with Elsevier to innovate healthcare
On 5 June, Elsevier is inviting you – medtech companies and startups to start a conversation with us. Join us to find out more about collaborations, partnerships and co-creation opportunities in healthcare. We will be offering our resources and expertise to collaborate with you in exciting medtech, healthtech projects in this region.
User Data should belong to the User!
With the new GDPR regulations said to take effect on 25th May 2018, it also set to create a big impact on how businesses all over the world handling user data and privacy. This event will discuss on the importance of data privacy and how users as well as businesses should have full control and access to their data. In the wake of the Facebook and Cambridge Analytica data misuse, public attention to the importance of data privacy has been heightened But the question that we need to ask ourselves is: “Do we necessarily have to wait for fiascos as such to be replayed on medias, to understand the intensity of having no access or control of our own data? When in fact, my data is mine. It should never be yours unless consented. Period.” For businesses this move will bring new opportunities never envisaged before.
Talk Data To Me: Learning Resources and Books for Data Analysts and Scientists
At this event, we host thought-leaders from the data community to discuss the possibilities that data brings to life. They’ll cover the best resources to start with data science and how to stay up to date.
Why It Matters:According to a Forbes article, “2017 will be the year big data goes mainstream … whether gathering data on the front end or making big decisions in the C-Suite, every single person in your organization must buy into the value [data] analytics brings”.
Orange Fab Asia Pitch Competition in Singapore 2018
Orange Fab Asia is holding a pitching event, supported by SGInnovate, in Singapore on 7 June to look for the next up and coming Asia-based startup with an established product. The 3 winners will be given the exciting opportunity to pitch and demo to large audiences from various VCs and large corporations during our Tokyo Demo Day held on 25 June.
Morning Pitch Singapore: Robotics and Drones
Morning Pitch is a pitching platform hosted by Deloitte Tohmatsu Venture Support. This platform helps start-ups form business alliances and partnerships with large corporations, corporate venture capital and venture capital firms. The focus on this Morning Pitch on 8 June 2018 is Robotics and Drones.
Blockchain Programming for Programmers – Session
This is a hands-on event - please come with laptops. We will be programming. At the end of the session, you should have working code. At the session on 11 June, we will be going through more functions of ERC20, and building your own functions based on ERC20.
Blockchain Evening: Accelerating Global Enterprise Blockchain Adoption
The year 2017 was the year of experimentation as enterprises realized both the benefits and challenges of blockchain. 2018 will be a crucial stage for enterprises as they make a huge leap from proof-of-concept projects to full blockchain deployments.
MedTech Meetup for Start-ups
Bringing new medtech and digital health innovations to market is a complex and challenging endeavour. This informal event will bring together local SMEs and start-ups to discuss how to overcome some of these challenges, including raising capital. Join us at the APACMed-SGInnovate MedTech Meetup for Start-ups on Wednesday 13 June @ BASH (Ayer Rajah Blk 79).
Fundamentals of Deep Learning Workshop for Multiple Data Types
SGInnovate partners with NVIDIA Deep Learning Institute (DLI) to offer hands-on training to developers, data scientists, and researchers looking to solve real world problems with deep learning across diverse industries such as self-driving cars, healthcare, online services and robotics.
Design a T-shirt: Think Geek, Think Deep
Passionate about STEM and want to be part of the rapidly growing science & technology community? Here is your chance! Whether you are a designer, coder or engineer by training, let your creative juices flow - YOU can show how cool deep technology is by designing a t-shirt that is uniquely coded.