This role is with Portcast, a startup supported by SGInnovate.
Portcast Pte Ltd. is an early stage technology startup which uses machine learning models and Artificial Intelligence to generate actionable insights for the logistics and maritime industry.
You may be a good fit if:
- You are curious & analytical
- You are a smart and hardworking individual who can work under pressure within a tight deadline
- You are a team player
- You are comfortable working with large amounts of data, facts figures
- You are comfortable with number crunching
- You are looking for growth opportunities as an early member of an ambitious startup
- You have a demonstrated ability and aptitude to learn new things and contribute ideas
- Analysing time series data as well as news crawling / sentiment analysis engine for live customer projects supporting some of the largest players in the logistics and maritime industry. The purpose of this analytics engine is to help logistic asset owners improve their capacity utilisation and return on investments.
- You will be required to be an end-to-end data scientist
- Understanding business needs, developing a proof-of-concept, data collection, and productionizing your data product
- Understand the data requirements and provide relevant data visualisations, analysis, and insights
- Be able to spot patterns and trends in data and propose solutions to respond to such trends and insights
- Develop data visualisation for data stories
- Experience with experimenting on different modelling techniques (supervised and unsupervised learning)
- Experience in fields of computer science, engineering, science, mathematics, statistics, psychology, economics and linguistics
- Experience with the SciPy Stack and Keras is a plus
- Experience in building web applications and cloud services is a plus
- Experience with modern software development cycle is a plus
- Able to commit for a minimum of 3 months
If the above sounds like you & your dream job, apply here!