This role is with Portcast, a startup supported by SGInnovate.
Portcast Pte Ltd. is an early stage technology startup which uses machine learning models and Artificial Intelligence to generate actionable insights for the logistics and maritime industry.
You may be a good fit if:
- You are curious & analytical
- You are smart, hardworking, and can work under pressure within a tight deadline
- You are a team player
- You are willing to collaborate closely with the business, data analytics and modelling teams
- You are looking for growth opportunities as an early member of an ambitious startup
- You have a demonstrated ability and aptitude to learn new things and contribute ideas
- Developing the software stack for the prediction engine, as well as news crawling / sentiment analysis for live customer projects supporting some of the largest players in the logistics and maritime industry. The purpose of this analytics engine is to help logistic asset owners improve their capacity utilisation and return on investments.
- You will be required to be a full stack software engineer
- Strong understanding of Python and modern software development cycle
- Experience in fields of computer science, engineering, science, mathematics, statistics, psychology, economics and linguistics
- Able to design RESTful APIs and aware of best practices
- Solid knowledge of computer networking
- Experience with Docker, AWS, Git, Elasticsearch, Mongodb, Spark and CI/CD tools will be a plus
- Responsible for ensuring a watertight security for the solution implemented
- Able to commit for a minimum of 3 months
If the above sounds like you & your dream job, apply here!