At SGInnovate, we invest in startups with the ambition, passion, and expertise to develop Deep Tech solutions to challenging global problems. We help them knock down barriers — technical, adoption, and market — like no other and connect them with top talent and bring together great minds across the ecosystem to discuss, share and inspire ideas of innovation. SGInnovate is a private-limited venture capital wholly owned by the Singapore Government. WIND is a startup supported by SGInnovate, and is looking for an experienced Product Specialist to join the team!
Your primary role will be focused on the various engineering aspects of product development for a first-in-human (FIH) clinical trial, in addition to other strategic clinical and product development activities.
- Close involvement with activities at various stages – on both hardware and software components
- Rapid prototyping of experimental setups, device concepts and design concepts for internal R&D based on inputs from our senior engineers
- Assist the clinical trial team in various FIH trial related activities such as but not limited to filling documentations, writing reports etc., under the guidance of the principal investigators
- Evaluating product design and function to assess requirements essential for the device's performance and quality
- Create mechanical conceptual designs of the medical device product based on product design/ engineering fundamentals
- Be involved in ideation, conceptualisation, prototyping and translation as required
- Generate and maintain engineering change requests, notices, design control documentations etc.
- Conduct sub-projects (as required) in the development of new products or components etc.
- Translate design concept ideas to visual mediums using mechanical engineering tools such as 3D modelling software/s (e.g. SolidWorks/Autodesk Fusion 360/Rhino etc.)
- Assembly, verification testing or troubleshooting of medical devices under the guidance of senior engineers
- Conduct research and assist (as needed) in the creation of systematic SOPs and other internal documentations
- Join internal & external product development meetings and assist in their documentation
- Assist in verification and validation studies whenever required
- Bachelor/ Master of Science in Mechanical engineering or equivalent degrees
- Prior experience with new product development in medical devices is a plus
- Technically proficient in engineering tools such as 2D and 3D engineering design tools (i.e. SolidWorks, etc.)
- Knowledge of or some experience with medical product development cycle is a plus
- Highly detail-oriented, methodical with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of teamwork, ownership, and accountability
- Problem solvers and creative thinkers will thrive in this environment
- Comfortable with uncertainty and a fast-paced startup environment
If the above sounds like you & your dream job, send us your CV at email@example.com and let's do a coffee chat.